BOX OFFICE:

|

The Barn Theatre, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire

Making Friends with Music

3rd – 5th January 2012

A three-day course on classical music

This is an adult learning course for people who are beginning to enjoy classical music, but feel that their enjoyment could be enhanced by knowing more about it.

The course covers the progression of classical music from the Early/Renaissance periods to the end of the 20th Century. The course is in eleven seminars, spread over three days: 40% of the time is speech, the other 60% music. Questions and comment for discussion are welcomed.

This is not a technical or academic course for experts: experience on the subject is not necessary. Information sheets will be available for each seminar with details of the music played and potted biographies of the major composers featured, as well as other items of interest.

Time
  • Tuesday 3rd January: 11.30 to 5.30
  • Wednesday 4th and Thursday 5th January: 10.15 to 5.30
Cost

The cost of the course is £64 per person, which includes seminars, information sheets, refreshments in breaks between seminars and three two-course lunches.

Profits from the course will be donated to the Barn Studio Project.

Feedback

Students at the U3A National Summer School, (where the course was first given, last August) said in letters and assessment forms: ‘accessible, informative and enjoyable’; ‘your seminars brought me a new awareness of music’; ‘enjoyed every single moment’; ‘greatly enhanced my knowledge and understanding’; ‘the standard was quite amazing, an excellent communicator’.

Enrolment

To enrol please send your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address – if any, and a deposit of £10 to the tutor, Jack Wood, 3 Elmwood, Welwyn Garden City, Herts., AL8 6LD

It there’s anything further you wish to know please telephone 01707 377900 or e-mail [email protected]

DON'T FORGET, COMING UP AT THE BARN SOON

Opening 28th May
By John Finnemore
Opening 13th June
By Mary Chase

 

WE'RE Here To HELP

Do you have a question? Do you need help?

Feel free to contact us and we’ll be more than happy to answer your questions.

If you need to contact a specific department eg. Box Office, please select it from the dropdown list.

Top Person @ 12 O'ClockPerson @ 2 O'ClockPerson @ 5 O'ClockPerson @ 7 O'ClockPerson @ 9 O'ClockCentre Heart

Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Statement

At the Barn we are committed to promoting equality and challenging discrimination in all its forms. We strive to create a safe and inclusive environment for all members of the cast and creative team, regardless of their race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity and will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.

Part 1, 18th Jan 8pm

Part 2, 19th Jan 8pm

Parts 1+2 20th Jan 2.30pm

Part 1, 23rd Jan 8pm

Part 2, 24th Jan 8pm

Part 1, 25th Jan 8pm

Part 2, 26th Jan 8pm

Part 1, 27th Jan 2.30pm

Part 2,  27th Jan 8pm